Dr. Amit Segev
Senior cardiologist at mini invasive heart surgery institute Leviev and Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer, Israel.
Senior lecturer in cardiology at Sackler Faculty at the University of Tel Aviv.
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- interventions on the coronary and peripheral arteries and heart valves.
- Acute coronary syndrome
Treatment of more than 2,000 patients a year with a variety of heart conditions, including coronary heart disease (acute coronary syndromes and) heart diseases, myocardial diseases. Stenting of the heart and other surgeries are performed in the Heart Institute to them. Leviev’s Sheba Medical Center, Tel Ha Shomer, and private Assuta Hospital in Tel Aviv.
The range of treatments includes diagnosis, medication and minimally invasive treatment of heart disease of adults, including:
- diagnostic coronary angiography
- Hemodynamic cardiac catheterization for the evaluation:
- valve disease
- pericardial diseases infarction
- candidates for heart transplantation
- hypertension, peripheral vascular diagnostics – renal, carotid arteries, the aorta, limb
- percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI):
- PAC-Doppler procedures.
- Transdermal peripheral intervention:
- Carotid artery stenting
- Stenting subclavian artery
- stenting renal artery.
- percutaneous heart valve:
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (Chiaki) both types – Edwards and CoreValve.
- He taught hundreds of students and postgraduates
- best teacher in cardiology at Medicine Faculty Sackler Tel Aviv University (2008)