Prof. Michael Glikson
one of the leading cardiologists of Israel, a specialist in the treatment of arrhythmias and pacing.
Head of the Department of Electrophysiology and Pacemaker Sheba Medical Center.
- Arrhythmias, treatment of various types of arrhythmias using ablation (cauterization of problem areas of the heart muscle).
- Catheterization of heart
Education and Training:
- Graduate of the Faculty of Medicine Hebrew University
- Internship in the field of cardiology, Medical Center “Sheba
- The two-year internship in the field of cardiac pacing and electrophysiology, Mayo Medical Center, USA
- 1996-2000 – Secretary of the Israeli branch of pacemakers and electrophysiology
- 2003-2007 – Secretary General of the Israel Community of Cardiology.
- He organised many international conferences in the field of electrophysiology and pacemakers
- Member of the editorial board of two leading scientific journals specializing in electrophysiology and pacemakers
- Supervised dozens of clinical trials, which were held in conjunction with the MAYO CLINIC, as well as numerous manufacturers of pacemakers
- Under his leadership, the separation of electrophysiology and pacemakers has become a leading in Israel for the treatment of all types of arrhythmias