Prof. Ran Kornovski
Professor Ran Kornovski is a leading specialist in interventional cardiology in Israel. At the present time – the director of the Institute for cardiac catheterization, which is part of the medical center “Rabin”.
Since 2006 he heads the Office for the research activity at the medical center “Rabin”.
Since 2007, Ran Kornovski is the head of the expert committee, which works at the European Association for professionals involved in percutaneous coronary intervention.
- Interventional Cardiology
- Minimally invasive cardiac intervention
- Mininivasive diagnostic and therapeutic coronary catheterization
Scientific and Clinical Activity:
- He is currently a professor in the Department of Cardiology Tel Aviv University (Faculty of it. Sackler).
- Scientific research of professor Rana Kornovski focused on the development and creation of new treatments for heart disease, complex cardiac catheterization procedures, therapies using stem cells. Run Kornovski heads all research activity of the medical center “Rabin” is actively cooperating with the European Society of Cardiology.
- Currently, under the leadership of Ran Kornovski cardiologist there is a study in conjunction with the Department of bioengineering of Tel Aviv Institute for the early detection of unstable plaques in the coronary vessels on biomechanical models with virtual histology. In addition, Ran Kornovski created database of patients undergoing catheterization of heart vessels for continuous surveillance of such patients to analyze the long-term results of the use of invasive cardiology.
- Most famous was the scientific activity, which Ran Kornovski dedicated to transplant of stem cells from bone marrow to patients with angina and other diseases. Currently, these methods are in more progressive research stage.
- Clinical activity of Professor Kornovski continuous involve mini invasive methods of diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. There are innovative methods such as the installation in the coronary vessels absorbable stents (which avoid long-term complications as thrombosis), drug-eluting stents that produce special preparations, which also prevent the occurrence of thrombotic complications. Additionally performed invasive cardiac care to patients with acute coronary syndromes and acute myocardial infarction, the use of such techniques can not only improve the results of the survival of these patients, but also significantly increase the level of their future lives.
- Professor Ran Kornovski treats patients with valvular disease. In this open-heart surgery is not required, sufficient to introduce special instruments through a minimally invasive access to the large vessels, the duration of such an operation, only 30-40 minutes.
- Prof. Ran Kornovski involved transplanting stem cells into the heart muscle to improve myocardial perfusion. True, these techniques are in the development phase and are conducted in patients with complicated forms of heart disease, when other methods do not lead to effective results.